Sunday 3 May 2020

Day 42 - Lockdown

Day 42 of Lockdown and what a quiet Sunday it has been.


Zoom Quiz last night was brilliant.  We had such a laugh and I think we came joint 4th, so not too bad.  Rather a lot of drink was consumed and a lot of dancing and laughing.  We lost the picture during one round and just couldn't get it back until we restarted the laptop.  Teddy was a pain in the butt - we think it was the different voices and he didn't understand what was happening. Let him out rather late on and he found a hedgehog so we had to catch him so he couldn't keep sniffing it.  All in all a great evening - thank you!!

Matthew and Simon as you can see has been extremely busy making Millionaire Shortbread.  We didn't have any condensed milk, so they made their own with evaporated milk by looking online.  What good little bakers we have!  Look forward to trying them later on.



Matthew started doing some of the mowing down our driveway and I continued and then did some more of the meadow grass outside the front of our bungalow.  We love our neighbours and here is one of them, obviously socially distancing in his referee's kit!  He joked the other week about Matthew and his mowing and about putting a football pitch on the grass and here he is doing a pitch inspection.  I was just merrily mowing and all of a sudden he comes around the corner waving his flags in his full kit.  It was absolutely hilarious - you guys made my day, you really did.  I still keep laughing about it now!!  They are wonderful neighbours and as you can see they they make us laugh even in lockdown!  Thank you xx

I see that this Thursday they are going to make another decision on lockdown - we await their next steps.  I can't see us being let out for some time.  Costa decided that they were going to open their drive throughs and we have one locally.  Its apparently for key workers, which I can understand but it sounds like the one that opened in Ipswich had to have the Police attend as there was a large queue blocking the roads.  I can't imagine they were all key workers.  We have a coffee machine here and are making our own 'special' coffee.  We don't only like going to have a particular brand of coffee, its more the social aspect we enjoy, but that is hardly possible at the moment, so I just don't get it.

Had a lovely roast tea tonight - yummy!  As we have usually
got something to do at the weekend we got out of the habit of having a roast on a Sunday, but this situation has given us the opportunity to get back into it and hope we can work it somehow when things eventually get back to the 'new normal'.

I have finished a mountain of ironing off tonight as I just couldn't face it for over a week and had all the bedding to iron.  Again Matthew said he doesn't know why I bother, but I have to do it as what if lockdown gets lifted and we only have creased clothes to wear - what a thought!

I have got Matthew on a project as he doesn't have anything to do at the moment.  I want some furniture for the garden and what I would love is really expensive, so I have decided we should make our own.  He is going to make some pallet furniture as Chris has quite a few pallets up the yard he doesn't need. To start he needs to paint the pallets and hopes to make a corner seat and table.  I have also seen we could make a bar and lots of other things - can't wait to get started.  Matthew has been doing product design at school so I am hoping this will give him get some more practical experience whilst actually giving him something to do.  He reminded us today that in just over a week he would have been doing his exams.

We watched 'The Mule' film this afternoon, whilst I was ironing and it was a lovely film.  Your poor garden Charlie and Debra.   For those of you who don't know, the Daylilys garden used in this film was our friends who live in the US and obviously met Clint Eastwood when it was filmed.  They were also invited to the Premier of the film - very lucky.

Hope you have all had a good weekend and until tomorrow.... keep your distance!!








No comments:

Post a Comment