Tuesday 9 June 2020

Day 79 - Stay Alert

Day 79 on this Sunny Tuesday.

We have had quite a lot of sun here today and thought I would capture it on our walk this evening.  I got myself all wrapped up thinking it might be chilly as I felt cold all day and it wasn't very cold at all.  

Had a full-on busy day today at work, which has been great as kept me out of mischief.  

We had another one of the Cook Shop meals for our tea tonight.  The boys had Cod Mornay and I had Beef Stroganoff.  I know mine was delicious and apparently the other was really good too.  This is a good way of them getting some fish in their diet as I don't like it and I am not too keen on cooking it either.  I have been known to make them a fish pie or two for them.

So how are you all feeling?  I feel a bit odd at the moment, not in a medical way, but just feeling a bit unsettled.  There have been so many different things going on in the press, that just makes you wonder what's going to happen next.  This has been going for so long now, that I am getting really fed up with it.  Other than going to the seaside at the weekend, we haven't really changed what we are doing.  We are still shopping the way we were before and seeing people from afar.  I worry that what's been happening in various Cities is going to ensure that this goes on for even longer.  I don't have an issue with people having their say, but they are being irresponsible whilst doing it, which is going to affect everyone.  

Just thought I would share the recipe that Matthew used to make our Millionaires Shortbread.  He has found a great website for Jane's Patisserie who apparently also has a blog and Youtube channel so he tells me!  He apparently follows her.  I think he will have to start making some of her recipes as they look extremely yummy!

So until tomorrow... stay safe and keep your distance!


No comments:

Post a Comment